- It is necessary to have a system to help managing the methodology.
- It is necessary to educate the staff to perform correct XP developments.
- Staff must be able to work in groups because the development is done in pairs.
- The team is used to quick developments.
- Staff must be used to meet a schedule of 40 hours a week.
- It is necessary to have a common room to hold meetings.
- All developers should be in one room.
- The room must have food (basically "snacks for positive reinforcement").
- Each day begins with an opening meeting.